Preview this website at; algarve website
These free and paid tools allow you to;
- track where your websites rank in the search results for important keywords, and
- track those trends versus competing sites and/or
- against your own marketing efforts to better understand the effectiveness of your marketing
Rank Tracker Tools
Free Ranking Checkers
- Rank Checker – our free and fast Firefox extension which you can use to track your rankings over time. If you want to graph your progress, please install Rank Checker and the Site Rank Reporter add on.
Google Rank Checker ToolsThese tools do not use the Google API, especially because Google rendered their API virtually useless unless you have one of their old keys.
- Free Monitor from Google – downloadable tool from CleverStats which monitors website rankings
- ParaMeter – scrape Google PageRank values in bulk with this downloadable software. Useful for viewing the PageRank profile of a competing site.
- Mapelli.info – calculates the % of your site stuck in the Google supplemental index.
Meta Search Engines
- Myriad Search – shows the search results from all 4 major search engines
- Zippy.co.uk – similar to above, but with more features
Install a Rank Checker on Your Own Site
- This zip file can be unzipped and installed on any web server which is PHP enabled. It includes a basic rank checker, an advanced rank cheker, a multi-keyword rank checker, a multi-domain rank checker, and a few other goodies. As Google updates their search results it may break these files…but fixing them should only take a couple minutes for a freelance PHP programmer.
Paid Rank Checking ToolsTracking where you already rank does not alert you to potential areas of opportunity that you have not yet focused on, but it is easier to rank for keywords related to words you already rank well for than it is to rank for a whole new basket of keywords.
- Advanced Web Ranking – downloadable software from $99 per year, or in combination with Advanced Link Manager for $149. This is our favorite paid rank checking tool.
- Accurate Monitor for Search Engines – downloadable software from €99. Also has a lifetime license plan.
- Agent Web Ranking – downloadable software from $150 per year.
- Rank Tracker – downloadable software for a $89 6 month license.
From the Engines
- Google Webmaster Central – allows you to sign up for Google Sitemaps, shows some crawling errors, and a more complete view of your backlinks. Also shows keywords you rank well for and keywords that send you the most traffic.
- analytics tools – shows keywords that you already rank well for that drive traffic to your site
- keyword research tools – research new keywords to rank for
- competitive research tools – these tools will show you keywords sending traffic to competing websites
End results of the campaign
- Impressions: 4,284
- CTR: 0.65%
- Clicks: 28 Avg
- CPC: $0.20
- Cost: $5.74
Facebook Experiment #1This experiment made me realize to never take the obvious path whenever it comes to internet marketing. Why? Read about it below. Trying to promote my children story website I decided to go to facebook and create a few ads. I figure the demographics are easy. I’ll target male or females with children 9 – 12 years old from spanish speaking country. I started paying about $0.80 per click. A few days later, I found myself with a few clicks and even less conversions. Then, I found this facebook page; Discover Facebook Pages
What Does This Mean?Instead of using the continue paying the cost of marketing using the obvious path, I decided to target those pages that have already done the work of gathering potential customers. This was incredible. The conversions were higher (not something incredible, but higher) for a reason. They have already “liked” similar pages, why no join my page as well. By targeting users that have join pages instead of demographics the PPC went down to $0.35 cents. Next time you want to market your blog or page, don’t take the obvious path, it is usually overpriced.
IntroductionYeahh !! That’s right, 4 million searches/month for a keyword at $0.05 per click for a product. Do the math; If the product costs $15.00 and I get $3.00 per sale that will be 12 million dollars. Assuming 1% conversion we are looking at $40,000 / month Now, if the domain name is availble I should not have any problem going to the top of the google rankings and just wait for the cash to flow in. Guess what? I got the domain name !
Reality Knocks On My Door And Did Not look HappySo I spend three days building a quick blog and a landing page with the orange button, product pictures and even video trailer of the movie product. Next step, I open my adwords account, build an ad or two and started pumping money into that campaign. Day #1 – Zero Clicks and 45 impressions – What ?? Ok so I increased my bids to $0.50 per click. I figure google will at last try to increase my impressions so I can have a better chance and also pay them more. Day #2 – 1 Click and 50 impressions – Are You Messing With Me? Ok, so I decided to reaaaallllly go for it and go full blast CPC on Google’s Ass. So I went up to $3.00 per click Day #3 – Zero clicks and 60 impressions … arrrggg …. sleeping … looking at campaign … arrrggg … Day #4 – I’m still baffle and recovering from Day #3. I put the campaign in pause and hit the forums. I received a very eye opening response to my question about why am I not getting impressions …
Keyword Research Properly DoneI was missing the fact that when doing keyword research, if it is a phrase, google will give you the results of the match that combines the words from your phrase. This is known as broad match. To actually find the right amount of searches done by humans I need to use exact match. The result; 2,900 Global Monthly Searches !!
What Did I Learn?
- Google keyword tool is for getting keywords. That was my first mistake. I should have use google traffic estimator. Makes sense but I’m new at trying.
- Use broad match instead of exact match to actually get the real monthly searches by humans
- I did not optimize my landing page to get a QS of 10