Yeahh !! That’s right, 4 million searches/month
for a keyword at $0.05 per click
for a product.
Do the math;
If the product costs $15.00 and I get $3.00 per sale that will be 12 million dollars
. Assuming 1% conversion we are looking at $40,000 / month
Now, if the domain name is availble I should not have any problem going to the top of the google rankings and just wait for the cash to flow in.
Guess what? I got the domain name !
Reality Knocks On My Door And Did Not look Happy
So I spend three days building a quick blog and a landing page with the orange button, product pictures and even video trailer of the movie product. Next step, I open my adwords account, build an ad or two and started pumping money into that campaign.
– Zero Clicks and 45 impressions – What ??
Ok so I increased my bids to $0.50 per click. I figure google will at last try to increase my impressions so I can have a better chance and also pay them more.
– 1 Click and 50 impressions – Are You Messing With Me?
Ok, so I decided to reaaaallllly go for it and go full blast CPC on Google’s Ass. So I went up to $3.00 per click
– Zero clicks and 60 impressions
… arrrggg …. sleeping … looking at campaign … arrrggg …
– I’m still baffle and recovering from Day #3. I put the campaign in pause and hit the forums.
I received a very eye opening response to my question about why am I not getting impressions …
Keyword Research Properly Done
I was missing the fact that when doing keyword research, if it is a phrase, google will give you the results of the match that combines the words from your phrase. This is known as broad match.
To actually find the right amount of searches done by humans I need to use exact match.
2,900 Global Monthly Searches
What Did I Learn?
- Google keyword tool is for getting keywords. That was my first mistake. I should have use google traffic estimator. Makes sense but I’m new at trying.
- Use broad match instead of exact match to actually get the real monthly searches by humans
- I did not optimize my landing page to get a QS of 10
Now with the real number I can try again and see if I can get one sale. Stay tuned